CBT-E: COGNITIVE BEHAVIOUR THERAPY FOR EATING DISORDERS
OVERVIEW OF THE WORKSHOP
This 2 day workshop provides a comprehensive introduction to Enhanced CBT (CBT-E), the latest version of the leading empirically supported, outpatient psychological treatment for eating disorders. The workshop draws on the work of Prof Christopher Fairburn, Director of the Centre for Research on Eating Disorders at Oxford University (CREDO), internationally recognised researcher and author.
Participants will gain:
- A comprehensive introduction & overview of Enhanced Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT-E)
- Understanding of the importance of client engagement, early behaviour change & addressing obstacles to change
- Understanding of how the transdiagnostic approach of CBT-E can be used with the full range of eating disorders seen in clinical practice
- Demonstrations of behavioural & cognitive interventions used in CBT-E to address:
- Modification of behaviours & beliefs associated with over-evaluation of control of weight, shape & eating (eg food & physical activity related safety & avoidance behaviours; body checking / avoidance)
- weight regain in underweight individuals
The training provides didactic, interactive & experiential practise opportunities. Prior knowledge of understanding and assessment of eating disorders, and basic CBT principles is assumed.
Target Audience: Health professionals working with people experiencing eating disorders. Registrations from Victorian public mental health services clinicians will be prioritised.
The CBT-E training forms part of the advanced treatment training component of the CEED comprehensive eating disorders training.
Prior completion of Modules 1, 2 & 3 of the Eating Disorders Online Learning Program is a prerequisite for the CBT-E training day. http://ceed.org.au/health-professionals-services/professional-development/eating-disorders-online-learning-program (registration and payment for online learning is a separate process).
Registrations: http://www.trybooking.com/OKHL (Cost: $95.00)
Please note: access to the Online Program takes up to 10 days to process after registration. To allow time to access and complete the online program we recommend you register for the online training no later than 19th September 2018.
Hospital Education Centre (HEC)
Royal Melbourne Hospital - Royal Park Campus
34-54 Poplar Road, PARKVILLE, 3052, VIC
Clinicians employed in Victorian public mental health services: $150.00
Other health professionals: $375.00
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided
Registration link: http://www.trybooking.com/BXKG **Please book early - Places are limited **
Registrations close: C.O.B. Thursday 17th October 2018