CBT-E: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Eating Disorders
This 2 day workshop provides a comprehensive introduction to Enhanced CBT (CBT-E), the latest version of the leading empirically supported, outpatient psychological treatment for eating disorders. The workshop draws on the work of Prof Christopher Fairburn, Director of the Centre for Research on Eating Disorders at Oxford University (CREDO), internationally recognised researcher and author, and Dr Anthea Fursland, researcher & principal psychologist of the Eating Disorders Program at the Centre for Clinical Investigations WA (CCI), Director, Western Australia Eating Disorders Outreach & Consultation Service (WAEDOCS) and former president of the Australian & New Zealand Academy of Eating Disorders.
Participants will gain:
- A comprehensive introduction & overview of Enhanced Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT-E)
- Understanding of the importance of client engagement, early behaviour change & addressing obstacles to change
- Understanding of how the transdiagnostic approach of CBT-E can be used with the full range of eating disorders seen in clinical practice
- Demonstrations of behavioural & cognitive interventions used in CBT-E to address:
- Modification of behaviours & beliefs associated with over-evaluation of control of weight, shape & eating (eg food & physical activity related safety & avoidance behaviours; body checking / avoidance)
- weight regain in underweight individuals
The training provides didactic, interactive & experiential practise opportunities. Prior knowledge of understanding and assessment of eating disorders, and basic CBT principles is assumed.
Target Audience: Health professionals working with people experiencing eating disorders. Registrations from Victorian public mental health services clinicians will be prioritised.
The CBT-E training forms part of the advanced treatment training component of the CEED comprehensive eating disorders training. Prior completion of Modules 1, 2 & 3 of the Eating Disorders Online Learning Program is a prerequisite for the CBT-E training day.
(registration and payment for online learning is a separate process)
Registrations: http://www.trybooking.com/OKHL (Cost: $95.00)
Please note: access to the Online Program takes up to 10 days to process after registration. To allow time to access and complete the online program we recommend you register for the online training no later than 16th July 2020.
*REGISTRATIONS OPENING IN 2020*