Eastern Health, Paediatric Eating Disorders Coordinator
Grade 4, Permanent Full Time/ Part Time
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Paediatric Eating Disorders Team at Eastern Health. This position will suit a passionate and enthusiastic paediatric nurse/nurse with paediatric experience, with sound clinical knowledge and experience in eating disorders. As the Eating Disorders Coordinator you will work in close collaboration with the Eating Disorders Paediatrician, coordinating initial assessment and treatment planning, including referral for, and coordination of ongoing medical review and inpatient paediatric care for children and adolescents aged up to 18 years presenting with an eating disorder to Eastern Health. You will also work closely with the child and youth mental health teams, providing consultation and support regarding the medical needs of young people engaged in treatment for an eating disorder.
The eating disorders service operates within an integrated mental health and paediatric model, and you will support the continued development of the highest quality clinical service provision for young people presenting with an eating disorders.
You will supported by a cohesive and high performing team including paediatrician, mental health nurse and dietician.
Key selection criteria
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A current annual Registration in Division 1 issued by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Holds relevant paediatric experience and/or paediatric qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in working with young people with an eating disorders
- Well-developed interpersonal and leadership skills – ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to contribute to a positive team environment
- Ongoing commitment to professional development and supervision.
Full details regarding the position can be found via the Eastern Health Web Site, including the Position Description. All applications should be submitted online.
Position Number 16862
Eastern Health Values: Patients First: Agility: Humility: Respect: Kindness: Excellence