Evidence Informed Dietetic Practice for Eating Disorders
Presented by CEED Senior Clinician Jessica Gomularz & Kate Noble, and Amy Woods, Senior Eating Disorder Lived Experience Advisor
Delivered over two full day – Face to Face
Wed 29 & Thu 30 November 2023
9.00am – 4.30pm
Evidence informed dietetic practice elevates your role as the dietitian in eating disorder care. This training is designed to enhance dietitians’ skill and knowledge to safely and effectively, identify and treat those suffering with eating disorders in a range of presentations. There is an emerging dietetic workforce across all levels of the mental health system in Victoria, particularly in the community. This training seeks to prepare you to confidently navigate complexities and bridging the gaps to provide collaborative and cohesive treatment. As referrals to treat eating disorders are on the rise in Victoria, we seek to better respond to the demand for quality and timely intervention. As such dietitians are often first responders to eating disorders but also are key in ongoing support to clients and clinicians.
The workshop aims to have participants gain:
- Capacity to identify and respond to disordered eating, integrate screening tools and assume responsibility as a first responder
- An understanding on how to adapt a nutrition assessment as appropriate for various presentations
- An understanding on how to use targeted evidence informed nutrition interventions
- An understanding of care team formation, including supports, and of maintaining team collaboration and cohesion in treatment
- Capacity to adapt dietetic care to work with a variety of psychological treatment modalities
- Increased understand of counselling skills that best apply to clients with eating disorders
The training will involve didactic, interactive, and experiential practise opportunities.
Introductory level eating disorder knowledge must be obtained prior to training, please allow adequate time to complete this training. Modules 1, 2 & 3 of the Inside Out Institute’s Eating Disorders Essentials Training which you can access here. (At a discounted price of $120 for VIC public heath clinicians.)
We recommend you have had two years clinical experience before attending this training.