Evidence Informed Dietetic Practice for Eating Disorders
Presented by Jessica Gomularz APD, CEDC – CEED Senior Clinician
Delivered over two, full days:
Part 1: 9am – 4:30pm, Thurs 16 March 2022 (AEDT)
Part 2: 9am – 4:30pm, Fri 17 March 2022 (AEDT)
Evidence informed dietetic practice elevates your role as the dietitian in eating disorder care. This training is designed to enhance dietitians’ skill and knowledge to safely and effectively, identify and treat those suffering with eating disorders in a range of presentations. There is an emerging dietetic workforce across all levels of the mental health system in Victoria, particularly in the community. This training seeks to prepare you to confidently navigate complexities and bridging the gaps to provide collaborative and cohesive treatment. As referrals to treat eating disorders are on the rise in Victoria, we seek to better respond to the demand for quality and timely intervention. As such dietitians are often first responders to eating disorders but also are key in ongoing support to clients and clinicians.
The workshop aims to have participants gain:
- Capacity to identify and respond to disordered eating, integrate screening tools and assume responsibility as a first responder
- An understanding on how to adapt a nutrition assessment as appropriate for various presentations
- An understanding on how to use targeted evidence informed nutrition interventions
- An understanding of care team formation, including supports, and of maintaining team collaboration and cohesion in treatment
- Capacity to adapt dietetic care to work with a variety of psychological treatment modalities
- Increased understand of counselling skills that best apply to clients with eating disorders
The training will involve didactic, interactive, and experiential practise opportunities.
Target Audience:Community based dietitians working with or likely to encounter disordered eating and eating disorders, we recommend you have had two years clinical experience before doing this training. Registrations from Victorian public health services dietitians will be prioritised.
Places are strictly limited, to register your attendance please visit TryBooking. Bookings close 6 March 2023, unless SOLD OUT prior.
For more information please visit our flyer HERE.