The ED Essentials training is accessible via three options:
- Purchase through CEED at a discounted cost of $120 via TryBooking Please note this option is only available to Victorian-Based Health Professionals
- For clinicians based outside of Victoria, ED Essentials is available for purchase through IOI directly at a cost of $280 Please visit Inside Out Institute
- If you have registered for CEED training and require ED Essentials as a pre-requisite, please contact CEED admin at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a complimentary place
For more information about ED Essentials training, please read training overview below.
‘The Essentials’ is a foundational eLearning training package which provides a comprehensive introduction to eating disorders for health professionals. The training addresses the nature, identification, assessment, management of eating disorders and provides an overview of evidence-based mental health treatments for eating disorders.
This training is targeted to the eating disorders professional development needs of Medical Practitioners, Nurses, Dietitians, Psychologists and other allied health professionals.
The training comprehensively addresses the basic health workforce core competencies for the safe and effective identification of and response to eating disorders identified by the National Eating Disorders Collaboration. Read more from the National Practice Standards for Eating Disorders, NEDC 2020.
Satisfactory completion of The Essentials training package is a pre-requisite for CEED Eating Disorders Treatment Model training
The Essentials: Course Details
The training consists of 5 eLearning modules which will equip you with an understanding of the central issues in the field and the skills required in each step of the diagnosis, assessment and treatment of clients, for both children and adults, across all major eating disorder diagnoses.
- Understanding eating disorders
- Preparation for Treatment
- Treatment Approaches
- Management across an inpatient and outpatient setting
12 Interactive Hours
The training provides 12 hours of interactive online content including expert videos (conducted by renowned Australian and international specialists in the field, as well as feedback from consumers with lived experience and their families), role-plays, interactive exercises and quizzes.